We’ve all been duped on Twitter! Fake Twitter followers are the Twitter accounts that follow you and look like real users but are indeed bots or fake users. If you think you do not have any fake Twitter followers, then you are definitely living under a rock, as Twitter is filled with fake accounts.
Thankfully there are tools to remove fake Twitter accounts from your profile in bulk!
Twitter is swarmed with a massive number of bot accounts used for malicious purposes. These bots could be created for spreading false rumors, amplifying political messages, and supporting certain agendas or groups. Whatever be the reason, these fake Twitter accounts then follow real users like you and me to make their Twitter accounts look genuine.
In 2020, Twitter removed 20,000 fake Twitter accounts linked to Saudi, Egyptian, and Serbian governments. In 2018. Twitter removed more than 70 million fake Twitter followers to spread misinformation from the platform.
Despite several attempts by Twitter, the number of bots seem to increase and it’s best to get rid of fake Twitter followers from your account by yourself. In this article, we will help you with simple ways with which you can remove any suspicious fake account from your Twitter.
Method 1: Use Circleboom to remove fake Twitter followers:
Circleboom is the easiest way out for anybody looking to spot and remove their fake followers within seconds. Circleboom’s algorithm spots fake accounts and saves you from the tedious process of understanding if accounts look genuine or fake.
To get rid of fake Twitter followers on Circleboom, follow the steps below:
- Login to Circleboom Twitter and authenticate your Twitter account.
- Once logged in, head to the Circleboom menu on the left and select “Search” -> “All My Followers” to list all fake accounts that follow your Twitter account.
- Your all followers will be listed. You can use boxes at the top of the page to filter your followers. Pick the "Show Fake/Spam Accounts" option to detect fake, spammy, ghost Twitter followers you have.
- You can also filter your followers by keyword or language. If you are after a specific account, you can use keyword bar to filter your Twitter followers.
- Once you listed fake followers, you can select some or all of them. Then, you should click on the red "Remove Selected Followers1 button.
- As the last step, Circleboom will ask you "Are you sure?" If you are, click on green "Remove Follower1 button to clean your Twitter account from fake followers.
- You can also add selected Twitter accounts to whitelist if you never want to unfollow them and don’t want them listed again in your future searches.
- Other than fake accounts, with the "Search" menu, you can also remove dead/inactive accounts, overactives, and egghead accounts.
Thanks to Circleboom Twitter's iOS app, you can spot and remove fake Twitter followers on your iPhone. You can take your Twitter assistance wherever you are!
Let's look at our video tutorial to find out more details:
Method 2: Analyze Twitter accounts to look for anomalies:
If you don’t want to go through your entire list, rather just analyze some accounts that you are suspicious of, then you can follow this method. This would involve you to check the Twitter account thoroughly and look for signs of the account being fake. Here are some signs that you should look for:
- Twitter profile picture: An egghead or a stock photo can be a sign that there’s no real person behind the Twitter account.
- No tweets or few tweets: A Twitter account without any tweets or retweets is also suspicious. These bot accounts are created to make tweets viral with no other agenda.
- Lack of engagement: If you never see the account engaging with any posts or Twitter, or any other account engaging with it, then it could be a fake account.
Checking for some of the signs above can help you determine a fake Twitter follower.
Using method 1 would be more credible in understanding fake accounts. Circleboom can help you know for sure which accounts are fake rather than spending time in guesswork. All the best cleaning your Twitter account and maintaining a healthy Twitter profile.
You can clean up your Twitter account from fake, inactive, spammy, overactive, egghead followers with Circleboom Twitter at affordable prices.