One effective way to grow your Twitter followers is to follow others.
However, to get significant engagements, you should follow active users on Twitter. Otherwise, they will be just a ‘number’ on your profile.
According to the Wall Street Journal reports, approximately 44% of people on Twitter have never sent a tweet.
Inactive accounts do not engage on Twitter anymore, and even they do not retweet your tweets.
Because of that, following an inactive user on Twitter, expands your Twitter following/followers ratio for no reason.
Circleboom Twitter is a Twitter Management Tool to clean up your Twitter account by finding those accounts which are not following back, spammer, fake, talkative, and inactive.
If someone is not tweeting for more than 30 days, Circleboom marks them as inactive accounts so you may take consider unfollowing them.
The best Twitter management tool online.
Why Can’t I Remove Followers on Twitter?
There can be several reasons why you may not be able to remove followers on Twitter:
- You don’t have permission to remove followers: If you are not the owner of the Twitter account, you may not have the permission to remove followers. Only the owner of the account or someone with administrative access can remove followers.
- Technical issues: Sometimes, Twitter may experience technical issues that can prevent you from removing followers. If you encounter an error message while trying to remove followers, it’s possible that the issue is temporary and may be resolved by trying again later.
- The follower has protected their account: If a follower has protected their Twitter account, you won’t be able to remove them from your follower list unless they decide to stop following you.
- You have reached the follow limit: Twitter has limits on the number of accounts you can follow, and if you have reached this limit, you won’t be able to remove followers until you unfollow some accounts.
If you are still unable to remove followers on Twitter and none of the above reasons apply, you may want to contact Twitter support for assistance.
Here are three easy steps to unfollow inactive Twitter users
Step #1: Log in to the Circleboom.
You can log in by authenticating your Twitter account within a few seconds.
Step #2: On the dashboard, click on the “Search” tab, and from the top-down menu, select “All My Followers”.
Circleboom Twitter will list all your followers to filter them and remove inactive ones.
Step #3: If you want to filter the search results and find only inactive accounts, you should click on the box with “Show Inactive Accounts” at the top menu.
You can filter fake, overactive, egghead, or verified Twitter followers. Also, you can use keywords to narrow down your results. You can create Twitter lists with these accounts or visit their Twitter profiles.
Step #4: Once they are listed, you can select some or all of them.
After that, you only need to click on the red “Remove Selected Followers” button.
If you are sure to remove these inactive followers, you should click on the “Remove Followers” buttons and finish the process.
If you wish, you can also check the detailed video guide here:
What are the advantages of removing inactive Twitter accounts?
Removing inactive Twitter followers can have several advantages, including:
- Improved engagement rate: When you have a lot of inactive followers, your engagement rate can be negatively affected. By removing inactive followers, you can improve your engagement rate by ensuring that your followers are genuinely interested in your content and more likely to engage with it.
- Improved Twitter analytics: Inactive followers can skew your Twitter analytics by artificially inflating your follower count. By removing inactive followers, you can get a more accurate picture of your audience and track your Twitter performance more effectively.
- Improved credibility: Having a high number of inactive followers can make your account appear less credible to other Twitter users. By removing inactive followers, you can make your account appear more authentic and trustworthy.
- More targeted audience: By removing inactive followers, you can focus on building a more targeted audience of engaged followers who are more likely to be interested in your content and engage with it.
Overall, removing inactive Twitter followers can help you improve your Twitter performance, credibility, and engagement rate, and help you build a more targeted and engaged audience. However, it's important to strike a balance between removing inactive followers and maintaining a healthy follower count. It's always a good idea to regularly review your follower list and remove inactive accounts or those that don't align with your brand or goals.
In conclusion, managing your Twitter followers is an essential part of building a successful Twitter presence, and removing inactive followers can have many benefits.
With Circleboom, removing inactive Twitter followers has never been easier. By using the powerful filters and analytics provided by Circleboom, you can quickly identify and remove inactive or irrelevant accounts, and focus on building a more targeted and engaged audience.
Whether you're an individual user, a business owner, or a social media manager, Circleboom can help you streamline your Twitter management, improve your engagement rate, and achieve your Twitter goals. So, give it a try and take control of your Twitter presence today!