Sometimes you wish to unsend Twitter DMs right after you send them! Well, can you delete Twitter messages or Twitter DMs from both sides? Let's figure it out!
Twitter borned as a microblogging platform in 2006 but they transformed into a social media platform where people can interact each other in various ways.
From the very beginning of using Twitter Direct Message (DM) feature, people are looking for methods to delete Twitter messages from both sides.
People are asking this question and looking for methods on popular forums like Quora and Reddit.
Well, is there really a solution for this?
Can you delete Twitter messages (DMs) from both sides?
You can delete Twitter messages from your side, but you can't delete them from both sides. Twitter doesn't allow to delete or unsend Twitter DMs once they are send!
So, you should be careful and check your messages at least twice and then send them.
But, you can delete your tweets, retweets, and likes. All you need to do is using Circleboom Twitter and delete all your Twitter archive with one click!
For more details, you can watch our hands-on video guide here:
How to delete your Twitter DMs from your side
You can delete Twitter messages from your side. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
Step#1: Open you Messages on Twitter and select the conversation that you want to delete messages from.
Step#2: There is a three dots symbol next to each Twitter messages. When you click on it, you see your options.
You should select "Delete for you". Then, this Twitter DM will be removed from your side.
Can you recover your deleted Twitter messages?
You can access your deleted DMs on Twitter. Of course the easiest way of it is asking the copy from the other side. But, if you don't want to do this, you can download your Twitter archive and receive your all archived Twitter data.
On your Twitter archive, you can access all your tweets, retweets, likes, media, mentions, replies, etc.
You can clean your Twitter data with your archive. For example, if you want to delete all your tweets, you can use Circleboom Twitter and erase all your tweets from your Twitter archive.
Same for your retweets, likes, Twitter videos and pictures, replies, mentions, etc.
Clean your Twitter archive and mass delete your all tweets, retweets, likes, mentions, media, replies, etc.
Does deactivating Twitter delete DMs?
DMs remain after deactivating your Twitter account. When you choose to deactivate your Twitter account, Twitter will put your profile in a queue for eventual permanent deletion. However, your account won't be destroyed if you log back in within 30 days of the deletion.
Your messages will be removed from both sides after your profile is terminated. Deactivating your Twitter account thus deletes all of your direct messages (DMs) from both parties, but you'll need to wait for Twitter to deactivate your account because all of your messages are deleted.
Does blocking someone on Twitter delete DMs?
This is a hot debate among Twitter users and some claims that blocking deletes Twitter messages from both sides.
However this is not correct! When you block someone on Twitter after you send a message, your DMs will still be seen from the other side.
So, blocking is not a working method for deleting Twitter messages from both sides.
Why can't I send DMs on Twitter?
There is a daily limit of 500 Direct Messages per account. Once you've sent the allotted number of Direct Messages for the day, you're done.
You may need to authenticate your phone number if you are sending Direct Messages to accounts that do not follow you.
Duplicate Direct Messages sent to several accounts, including those that contain the same link, may be flagged as spam activity and prevent you from sending Direct Messages for a short while. Before you may send a Direct Message again, you might have to wait at least 30 minutes without making any attempts.
How to turn off DMs on Twitter
If you don't want to receive Twitter messages from anyone of the platform, you can turn off your DMs.
Follow these steps if you want to do that:
- Open the Twitter app, then tap the account symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings and Support", then select "Settings and Privacy".
- Select "Privacy and Safety".
- Click on "Direct Messages".
- Swipe the button to the left to disable the Allow message requests from everyone setting.
How to message someone on Twitter who doesn't follow you
If they allow message requests on Twitter, you can send DMs by following these steps:
- Then, press the envelope symbol.
- To send a new message, tap the message icon.
- Enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the person(s) to whom you want to send the message in the address box.
- Type your message here.
- You can send a photo, a video, or a GIF along with a text message using the Direct Message feature.
- Click the send button.
How to know if someone read your DM on Twitter
Follow these steps to check if your DMs on Twitter are read or seen:
- On your phone or tablet, launch Twitter. On the home screen or in the app drawer, it is commonly represented by the blue bird icon.
- Touch the envelope symbol. It may be seen in the bottom right of your Twitter feed. Your Messages inbox will now open.
- Tap the dialogue. The complete chat will open by tapping the name of the person you messaged. At the bottom, the most recent message is displayed.
- The message bubble must be tapped once. The word "Seen" will show up just below the message bubble, to the left of the checkmark, if the receiver has seen the message. The receiver has seen the message if, after clicking, the word Seen appears beneath the checkmark. If not, the receiver has either disabled the message or has not yet opened it.
You can delete your Twitter messages (DMs) from your side, but it is not possible to delete them from the other side once they are sent!
You can recover your deleted messages by downlading your Twitter archive.
On Circleboom, you have great options to delete your tweets, retweets, likes, replies, mentions, etc. on Twitter and clean your data.
You can use these and other great Circleboom features at affordable prices.