As you might know, one of the hidden gems of Twitter is “The Lists,” and we help our users to get rid of some tedious tasks that prevent them from taking pleasure in Twitter lists.
From Twitter’s definition: A List is a curated group of Twitter accounts. You can create your own Lists or subscribe to Lists created by others. Viewing a List timeline will show you a stream of Tweets from only the accounts on that List.
The Lists enable you to categorize Twitter accounts according to your concerns or subjects. Sometimes people can prefer creating the Twitter list instead of following the profiles on Twitter.
To curate a list and add some accounts to it is a dull task on Twitter. You need to add all the accounts one by one, and it becomes heavier after each click. Tools like Circleboom help you to create Twitter Lists with just a few clicks.
A quick recap of known limitations on Twitter Lists you should be aware:
- 1.000 Lists permitted per account
- 5.000 accounts allowed per List
- List names cannot exceed 25 characters
- List names cannot begin with a numerical character
In addition to these Twitter’s own rules, Twitter API also has some limitations, the limits Circleboom obeys, you can’t add more than 100 profiles to a Twitter list at a time. But you may add up to 5.000 profiles to a list 100 by 100.
How to create Twitter Lists on Circleboom?
- You may want to start with a Smart Search to find your target accounts or any other filtered views provided. Let’s say you’re on “Menu > Unfollow > All the ones I follow.”
- Select the profiles one by one by clicking on the checkbox at the left side on each row, or select all by clicking the “select all” at the upper left side corner of the list.
- Click the “Add selected to Twitter List” button.
- After clicking the “Add selected to Twitter List” button, you can either add the selected profiles to your existing Twitter List, or you can create a new Twitter List.
- If you want to use one of your existing lists, click on the second option, choose one of your lists, then click the green button below. All the profiles you selected will be added to your Twitter list immediately.
- If you want to create a new Twitter list, select the first option, give a shiny name to your new list and click on the green button below. A quick reminder; list names cannot exceed 25 characters.
- Now you can check your lists on https://twitter.com/lists 🙂
Video: See it in action; “How to create Twitter Lists with just a few clicks.”