Twitter is designed in such a way that we end up retweeting a lot. So many times, we look at our Twitter profile and see it filled with all the tweets we never wish we retweeted. But, what if I told you not to feel too bad about it? Because you can delete retweets with as much ease as you can publish them.
- With your Twitter archive, you can delete retweets that you have ever published so far.
- Circleboom lets you filter results based on dates and keywords if you want to find out how to delete retweets within specific dates or with certain keywords.
- You can also go through each of your retweets before deleting them.
In this article, we will go through the exact steps to delete your retweets like a pro:
How to Delete Retweets with Twitter Archive
- Log in to the Circleboom dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account.
- Once logged in, go to the Circleboom menu on the left, select “My Tweets” and select “ Delete Old Tweets.” You will be taken to a new page, click on Start here to begin.
- Next, you will see a screen to upload your Twitter archive. Drop your file or click on the Upload button to upload the archive.
- On the next screen, you will see three checkboxes to select all tweets, retweets, and replies. Click on the checkbox next to retweets and uncheck others to delete just retweets.
- Lastly, click on “Approve” to mass delete retweets.
How to Delete Retweets between Selected Dates
To delete retweets between selected dates, you can follow the steps mentioned above and then select the dates.
- After uploading your Twitter archive, and selecting retweets, go to “Filter by Date.”
- Select the “Start Date” and “End Date” to delete tweets between a selected period.
- Click on Approve to mass delete retweets from the time period selected.
How to Delete Retweets with Specific Keywords/Usernames/Hashtags
Using the Twitter archive, you can also delete tweets that contain certain keywords, usernames or hashtags.
- Follow the steps above, and go to “Any keyword/username/hashtag search.”
- Enter your keyword in the search box.
- Circleboom will delete all the retweets that contain the keyword from your Twitter account.
How to Delete Selected Retweets
When you delete tweets using the Twitter archive, you can’t see each tweet before it gets deleted. But, with Circleboom’s delete retweets feature, you can look at each retweet before erasing it.
- Go to the Circleboom menu on the left of the dashboard. Click on the drop-icon next to “My Tweets.”
- Select “Delete RTs” from the drop-down.
- Circleboom will list your most recent 3,200 retweets. You can only access the recent 3,200 tweets because Twitter allows only 3,200 tweets to appear on your timeline and that’s the default access third-party apps have over your Twitter account.
- You can select tweets you want to delete and select “Delete Selected Retweets” at the top. The grid power search helps you quickly search for retweets you want to erase.
If you want to follow these steps on our video tutorial, here it is: