Twitter hashtags are the best way to discover and get discovered on Twitter. When you use hashtags on Twitter, you make your tweets available to people not following you but following those hashtags. Apart from hashtag search, another important search that individuals and businesses make on Twitter is trend search. Trend searching is looking for what’s trending on Twitter and using that to your advantage.
In this article, we will learn how you can perform Twitter hashtag search and trend search to find and follow the latest discussions on Twitter.
How to find trending hashtags on Twitter:
To find trending hashtags on Twitter, you need to use Twitter’s Explore tab. With Twitter’s Explore tab you can find trending hashtags and topics anywhere in the world.
To use the Explore tab on Twitter, login to your Twitter account, and from the left menu, click on “Explore” under Home. Once clicked, here’s everything you can explore with the Explore tab:
- You can find the trending hashtags and topics customized for you under the “For You” tab. This tab is customized based on your Twitter behavior.
- Then the trending tab shows you what’s trending in your country or region. If you want to have a look at what’s trending in another country, just click on the settings icon next to the Explore tab and change your geography.
- If you want to see what’s trending in specific segments like news, sports, fun, entertainments, then you can click on respective tabs to learn about them.
This is the easiest way to find what’s trending on Twitter and use the trending hashtags to increase your account’s discoverability.
How to perform hashtag search using Twitter’s Advanced search:
If you’re interested in navigating deep in specific hashtags, then you can use Twitter’s advanced search to do so. The advanced search has a good set of filters that help you quickly browse through what’s important.
Here’s how to use Twitter advanced search to perform hashtag search effectively:
- Click on the Twitter search icon and type your query. Once you get the results, on your left, you will read “Search Filters”
- Under “Search Filters”, click on “Advanced Search”
- Type your hashtags that you’re looking for. If you have any particular user’s tweet that you’re looking for, you can also add their Twitter handle.
- If you only want tweets with high engagement, you can add the engagement numbers as required.
- With the date filter you can add a date if you want to restrict your hashtag search to a particular time period.
- Once you hit Enter, you will get all the tweets based on your queries.
Make hashtag search even easier:
If you’re searching tweets with trending hashtags, then the above mentioned process works best. However, if you’re more interested in Twitter accounts posting on trending hashtags, then you should use Circleboom to find Twitter accounts. Circleboom can help you quickly find new accounts posting on hashtags you are interested in.
Check out our other few articles worth your time.