In some cases, you can't delete retweets, and unlike Twitter likes.
You can't even delete old leftover retweets using Twitter App or some unreliable third-party applications.
For some reason (because of a bug), Twitter retweet and Twitter like buttons may not work, turned into gray like and gray retweet buttons.
So, Twitter does not let you delete your retweets, and Twitter likes, and you may think about "why I can't delete retweets and Twitter likes."
So, many Twitter user come with questions like below:
- Why I can't delete retweets and Twitter likes?
- Why I can't unretweet?
- How to delete retweets?
- How to delete retweets that won't go away?
- How do I delete old retweets and Twitter likes?
- How do I bulk delete old likes on Twitter?
It has been quite a common issue among the Twitter community for a few years for those who are coming to the same question "Why I can't delete my retweets or Twitter likes?"
"TLDR; The services like Circleboom make requests to Twitter via their official APIs (programmer access interfaces), and Twitter fulfills the requests successfully. However, they may show some of the destroyed data for a while."
Unfortunately, for those who want to delete old retweets and Twitter likes in bulk, Twitter still couldn't provide a solution.
That's why you can't delete your retweets and Twitter likes.
What can be the reasons?
There could be a few different reasons why you are unable to delete retweets and Twitter likes. Here are some possibilities:
- Twitter policies: Twitter has certain policies in place that limit what users can do with their tweets and likes. For example, Twitter may prevent you from deleting retweets or likes if they violate their terms of service or community guidelines.
- Technical issues: It's possible that you are experiencing a technical issue that is preventing you from deleting retweets or likes. This could be due to a bug in the Twitter platform, a problem with your internet connection, or an issue with your device.
- Permissions: If you are trying to delete a retweet or like from someone else's account, you may not have the necessary permissions to do so. For example, if the tweet or like was made by a protected or private account, you may not be able to delete it unless you are granted access by the account owner.
- Account settings: Your account settings could be preventing you from deleting retweets or likes. For example, if you have set your account to "protected," you may not be able to delete retweets or likes unless you change your account settings.
If you are having trouble deleting retweets or likes, you may want to contact Twitter's support team for assistance.
However, you shouldn't be worried, there are several ways to delete your leftover old retweets, and Twitter likes. Herein, if you want to delete your old leftover retweets and Twitter likes, you can make a fresh start with Circleboom's unique features to delete your retweets and Twitter likes in bulk.
How to delete old retweets in bulk
With Circleboom Twitter, you can remove the question, "why can't I delete retweets?" out of your mind with a few steps listed below.
Step #1: Log in to the Circleboom Twitter.
If you do not have access yet, it takes just seconds to authenticate your Twitter account.
Step #2: Click on the Circleboom menu on the left side.
Click on the drop-icon on "My Tweets" and continue with "Delete RTs".
Note: If you consider specifying before deleting old retweets, you can filter them by searching some keywords, hashtags, locations, and even dates on the search bar on the right.
For further super useful tools for Twitter account management, you can check Circleboom Twitter and Circleboom Publish.
Step #3: Once you specify your selection, click on the "Delete selected RTs" button in red. That's all!
Here is the answer to deleting old retweets and Twitter likes.
How to delete old Twitter likes in bulk
Via Circleboom, you can solve the "why I can't delete Twitter likes" problem with a few steps listed below.
Step #1: Log in to the Circleboom Twitter.
If you do not have access, it takes just seconds to authenticate your Twitter account.
Step #2: Go to the Circleboom menu on the left side.
Here, click on "My Tweets" and then "Unlike". You can find your recent Twitter likes listed.
Step #3: On the prompt window, go to "Unlike All" to delete your Twitter likes at once.
Twitter does not let you access beyond the most recent 3,200 Twitter likes. For further about Twitter's policy, take a look here.
You may also watch our hands-on video on the question, "why can't I delete retweets and Twitter likes?"
For those who may prefer to watch, we have a hands-on video tutorial to delete retweets and delete Twitter likes at once:
Thanks to Circleboom Twitter's iOS app, you can delete your retweets and likes on iOS devices.
How to delete old retweets and Twitter likes via Tweetdeck
If there are still some retweets or Twitter likes that you can't get unretweet or delete, then you can try Tweetdeck.
Tweetdeck is quite a useful service of Twitter for Twitter management. Also, you can use Tweetdeck to delete your old retweets and Twitter likes manually.
Step #1: Connect your Twitter account to Tweetdeck.
If you do not have a Tweetdeck configuration yet, it just takes a few seconds to sign in with your Twitter accounts.
Step #2: Here, select the feed on your Twitter timeline.
Through the column where your Twitter timeline is settled, you can delete leftover retweets, and Twitter likes.
Step #3: Click the three dots, and a menu will open.
Here, click "Undo Retweet". That will successfully delete leftover old retweets quickly.
Step #5: To delete leftover old Twitter likes, just follow the same process, but click the red like button to unlike them.
We can share the same thought with you; yes, it is weird. However, it is a Twitter bug and the only way to delete old retweets and Twitter likes.
On Circleboom Twitter, you can mass remove Twitter followers. This way, you can keep fake/bot accounts away from your Twitter profile.
If you're looking for a super useful, secure, and up-to-date Twitter management tool, Circleboom would be an excellent choice for you.
- It lets you fully control your Twitter account. It's going to save you a lot of time, which means effort and money.
- Circleboom Twitter guarantees you a highly secured, reliable Twitter service beyond other 3rd Twitter applications that can provide almost nothing for your account security.
- Via multiple super handy functionalities of Circleboom, you can grow your followers and reach the target audience that you aim for.
Check Circleboom Twitter's affordable prices!