Ghost followers and friends are inactive accounts that do not engage with your Twitter account.
These accounts could be made by spammers or by bots and they just follow you on Twitter while never interacting with your account. It’s best to remove ghost Twitter followers and friends to save your Twitter account from spammers.
Now, the question is, how can you distinguish between ghost, bot, fake, and inactive Twitter followers and friends?
I would say that none of them really contribute to your tweets in any way. They add to your Twitter following numbers with no benefit of actually following them or being followed by them.
Why should you bother to remove fake and ghost Twitter followers and friends?
Firstly, because they are inactive or dead accounts, you have no reason to follow them. You do not see any valuable content from them or maybe any content at all.
Secondly, if you’re an avid Twitter user who cares about his tweet engagement then these accounts give you false analytics.
Let’s just say that you have 6k Twitter followers. A Twitter audit shows you that 65% of your Twitter followers are either ghost followers or inactive accounts.
A quick calculation would tell you that almost 4000 of your followers have been worthless while you have been expecting retweets and likes from them.
So, when your like percentage is 2% in your Twitter analytics, it’s actually 6% because more than half of your followers are bots or spam accounts.
How to Remove Ghost Twitter Followers
Let’s look at the steps:
- Login to the Circleboom Twitter dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account information.
2. On the left panel of the dashboard, you will see a menu. Click on “Search” in the menu and you will see a sub-menu.
Click on "All My Followers" and list all your followers.
3. Click on the "Show Inactive Accounts" box to list and remove inactive/ghost followers you have.
4. Once they are listed, you can select some or all of them.
After that, you only need to click on the red "Remove Selected Followers" button.
If you are sure to remove these inactive followers, you should click on the "Remove Followers" buttons and finish the process.
In case you would like to watch the given steps on our video tutorial to remove inactive followers, here it is:
How to remove fake Twitter followers
It is an easy and quick process on Circleboom Twitter to find fake followers and force them to unfollow you on Twitter.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Login to Circleboom Twitter and authenticate your Twitter account.
- Once logged in, head to the Circleboom menu on the left and select “Search” -> “All My Followers” to list all fake accounts that follow your Twitter account.
- Your all followers will be listed. You can use boxes at the top of the page to filter your followers. Pick the "Show Fake/Spam Accounts" option to detect fake, spammy, ghost Twitter followers you have.
- You can also filter your followers by keyword or language. If you are after a specific account, you can use the keyword bar to filter your Twitter followers.
- Once you list fake followers, you can select some or all of them. Then, you should click on the red "Remove Selected Followers" button.
- As the last step, Circleboom will ask you, "Are you sure?" If you are, click on the green "Remove Follower1 button to clean your Twitter account from fake followers.
- You can also add selected Twitter accounts to the whitelist if you never want to unfollow them and don’t want them listed again in your future searches.
You can also watch our hands-on video guide to learn more about how to delete fake Twitter followers:
How to remove followers on iPhone
Thanks to Circleboom Twitter's iOS app, you can find and remove inactive/fake/ghost/bot followers on iPhone and iPad.
You should log into Circleboom's iOS app on your device as the first step.
Then, you can use the Search menu to list all your followers.
Here you can use "Filter Options" to list only inactive/fake/ghost/verified Twitter followers.
As the last step, you can select some or all of them and remove inactive Twitter accounts.
Are you ready to Remove Ghost Twitter Followers and Friends?
Circleboom Twitter makes it really easy for you to get rid of all inactive accounts and bots. The tool is a huge time saver.
I hope the article above will help you clean your account and boost your Twitter engagement.